Monday, December 15, 2008

Turning Back Tuesdays

I was a pretty straight-edged kid. I never skipped school, pulled major attitudes with my parents, or was late for curfew. Then, my mom cheated on my father, and I decided to not give a rip about respecting my so-called family. Since I was 18, of course I knew EVERYTHING about life.

The end of first semester of my senior year of high school was cause for celebration.

The formula?
  • No more first semesters of high school
  • three awesome, mostly straight-laced friends
  • 104 degree hot tub
  • captain morgan silver
  • mikes hard lemonade
  • a mom that knew not to bother me when I was hanging out with my friends
I admit, I completely took advantage of my family situation, and getting completely wasted literally under my mom's nose was exactly what I felt the need to do..so I did it. The hot tub in our house was in the basement, and directly above the hot tub? My mom's room...which she constantly barricaded herself in throughout my senior year. (the affair broke wind a month before I started my senior year...talk about timing, eh?)

Aside from acknowledging that I was completely wasted, I don't remember much. I remember having a mike's race with one of my girlfriends. I remember the four of us sitting in the hot tub passing around a brown paper bag containing the captain silver. I remember sitting on the bathroom floor in my basement (still in my swim suite), ralphing while hugging the toilet as if my life depended on it. I vaguely remember a visit from two friends that weren't drinking with us (I still haven't been able to figure out if it was a figment of my imagination, or if they really did stop by my house). I remember my brother and my guy-friend carrying my drunk ass to the couch, and the feeling of them pinching my underarms while doing so (damn, the underarms pinching is the WORST EVER).

The next morning, my mom walked up to me and said "what the hell is this?" She held up one of those metal trash cans...you know the kind...they have the mini basketball hoops attached to them, and the outside has sports stuff printed on it. Apparently I had replaced that as my toilet once I was placed on the couch.

I looked at her, told her to get it away from me...and she did. She actually had my brother clean it up...I still owe him for that one.

No comments: