Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Different Perspective

He said "maybe I just need a steady girlfriend."* My jaw dropped. It was the first time (I can remember) actually hearing a guy say he "needed a girlfriend."

I don't know if it's me, the people I hang out with, or the area I live...but I rarely (if ever) hear men saying they need a woman in their life. Sure, guys want sex...but a wanting a relationship, never.

Most of this kind of talk is done between girls (totally stereotypical, I know). I guess it was comforting to hear, firsthand, that wanting a relationship can (and does) go both ways.


*note: The He I'm referring to is a friend from high school...who also happened to date a good friend of mine a year ago. This did NOT bode well between the two of them...for that and a couple other reasons, I see the two of us only being friends.

p.s. can I use enough of these ( ) in my post today (insert rolling eyes at myself here).

No comments: