Saturday, November 15, 2008

"The people who mind, don't matter and the people who matter, don't mind. " - Dr. Suess

These words have spoken near and dear to my heart for a while. I was recently reminded of them by a Frog (FRiend I met through blOGging).

However, I'm not sure this quote always holds true to my life. See, I'm faced with a situation where I have acquaintences who mind, but also matter. They matter because they are good people, and they mind because (I feel) they have too many things going on in their own lives to take the time to understand where my thoughts and actions come from. I can't bring myself to hold this against them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not holding my breath for them to have a "friend breakthrough"..but I refuse to cut them out of my social scene...and I refuse to feel like they don't matter.

No comments: