Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My decision...

I had been heavily weighing my options about what I should do about TB.

Call him? Meh, I don't really think talking on the phone is a "guy thing."

Email him?
Meh, I'm so OVER emailing!!

And then, it happened....we were both signed onto instant messenger (enter bells going DING DING DING!)

Even via IM, I was nervous as ALL getup to ask him the typical girl questions "How do you think things are going? What are your thoughts?"...I swallowed my pride, typed away and clicked send. I very promptly received "I don't know. That's such a typical guy answer." (I wasn't sure about where this convo was going...but my heart was racing a million miles a minute.)

To skip straight to the good stuff, I found out he had been separated since March, and the divorce was final as of June. (YAY!) I also found out he feels like he's 16 again (which kind of had me going "huh?!") He told me he was indecisive around me, and couldn't figure out why....and TB also said he's "really had fun every time we've been out together."

Despite the fun times we've shared, he confessed that he goes back and forth about if he's ready to date or not. I've been spared the gory details of his divorce (which I KNOW is for the better, but the curious cat inside of me REALLY wants to know).

This whole situation is wreaking of "he's just not that into you." Call me crazy, but I firmly believe if a guy wants to be with you, he'll be with you (and vice versa).

Although he told me he wouldn't expect me to wait for him to make up his mind, I don't know if I'm ready to give up on a good guy yet. I'm still as available as I was before the two of us started hanging out....but I'm reserving a sliver of my heart in hopes he'll step out of his funk and that we can give this thing (whatever it may be) a go.

Time will certainly tell.

6 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

Good luck:)

Julie D said...

Yeah, I'm thinking he's just not that into you, babe. (Did you ever read that book, by the way? It's fabulous and very eye opening!) I think I'd just sit back and let him make a move next. If he does, great, and if he doesn't, you've got your answer....

I can throw you a few of my bachelors if you need a spare one! LOL

Anonymous said...

My two cents: Don't let him stop you from exploring what else is out there. But don't rule him out either.

If something else (i.e. someone else) comes along, explore that!! But don't write TB off while he's trying to figure his situation out.

That's how I've operated lately (with one in the wings who isn't ready for a long distance relatinship...) and it's been successful.

Megkathleen said...

Way to go talking to him over im! It sounds like he was honest, which is nice to hear for once.

I hope things work out!

SS+1 said...

brain in mpls - THANKS!

julie - I think I'll pass on your bachelors for right now ;)

abrightfuture - Good tips, thanks!

megkathleen - Thanks...I think he was honest too.

Hex said...

Feeling 16 again = wants to date as much as possible, which can include you, as long as you're cool with the rest of the idea.

It doesn't mean he's not that into you. It means he's only into you so much, and you're not the only person out there he feels that way about.

It's a tricky thing, because he probably does enjoy the fun times you've shared, but he's enjoying that newfound freedom to the point where he's probably not in to big of a hurry to focus on just one person over the possibilities of others.

Which is probably what you should be doing as well, no?