Monday, October 20, 2008

Me.

Like my "About Me" states, I am just a girl looking for a boy to love her...my only difference is I'm a girl plus a toddler. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a father to my little boy, but a man to complete my soul (cheesy, yes).

I have had a rocky dating life, as most single twenty-somethings can attest to. I envy those who meet the person who completes them. I want to be one of those people, but I have standards and am riddled with poor judgement. I tend to want what I can't have. If, by some crazy twist of fate, I get what I want (be it a boys number, a few dates, or even a boyfriend, I usually find an amazing way to muck it up). I haven't been in a relationship in over three years (since before my son was born).

I am going to dedicate Tuesdays to Turning back time. I will start with the beginning of my skewed life with men. Each week, you can look forward to a new story which stays true to the order in which it happened. Tomorrow, I will start with my first kiss (trust me when I say it fits my dating life to a T).

I haven't decided when or how often I will post the other six days of the week...I guess you'll have to stay tuned. I welcome any and all comments so long as you aren't anonymous. If you have an opinion to share, the least you can do is let me know who you are so I have a chance for a follow-up.
I am going to take the time to explain my past, and also fill you in on what is going on now in my life of a single girl, plus one.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Allow me to be the first to follow you!! Been there done it...except my "baby" is about to turn 18!

dara said...

Well, I don't have a kid, but I can certainly sympathize with the wanting to find someone, and the having lofty standards and poor judgment!