Thursday, March 5, 2009

Is this JUST dinner?

I'm having a boy over for dinner on Sunday. Now, before you get your panties in a bunch, here's the story (input would be greatly appreciated!!).

Our History:

We've known each other since middle school. Come time for high school he went to the rich private school, and my parents opted for the free public school route. We kept mutual friends so we would see each other from time to time.

Senior year of high school rolled around and I didn't have a date to prom. It was suggested that I go with him, DB, and I thought it was an interesting suggestion. I made sure to clarify it would just be as friends, because I wasn't confident enough in myself to have a "boyfriend" (yeah, I'm pretty lame like that!).

Anyways, the next thing I know a dozen pink and white roses showed up at my door step, with him hiding behind them, asking me to my own prom. It was an incredibly sweet gesture. I was flattered, but slightly weirded out because I thought we were "just friends" and I'm a girl so I over think EVERYTHING!

There were two things that went wrong with prom: DB's hair (which he decided not to cut, and instead butt-part down the middle of his head using hair gel to hold it in place) and the fact that I felt like I needed to stay by DB instead of mingle with my other classmates.

Don't get me wrong, I had fun...and after the dance we headed to a friends cabin, where a guy (thankfully NOT DB) had drank way too much scotch, and I sat next to him and made sure he didn't die. I didn't hate my roll at the prom after-party, but there weren't any DB sparks either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Halloween of 2007 DB and I randomly met up again. We talked, laughed and had a great time. It was a blast, and I was looking forward to hanging out with him again...but it never happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier this week DB happened to be on facebook at the same time as me. I chatted with him, and then found myself inviting him over for dinner. He accepted, and is now coming over this Sunday. I know I'm completely guilty of over thinking this, but our recent facebook correspondence is leaving me wondering if there's more to this than just friends. Tell me what you think...The following is our correspondence the past few days. (fyi: he had been in a car accident a week ago, hence the car references..)

Me:
About
dinner...1st - What night works best for you. The only night I am unavailable is
this coming friday.2nd - What are you in the mood for? 3rd - Do you have a car
to make it to my place right now? Sorry if that's a lame question, but
considering the events of the past week I just thought I'd ask...Hope your neck
and your care are feeling better :-)

DB:
Hey,Sunday is
the only available day for me this week (sundays are the only days that I have
off...ever.) As for dinner I am open to anything, and my car is still drivable
(thankfully) .I thank you for your concern about my condition and I greatly
appreciate the invitation for dinner.Hopefully I'll see you on Sunday!

Me:
Sunday works
for me! (that way I have the most time to clean..hehe). You really have to tell
me what you want to eat. I am open to any and all suggestions! Let's put it this
way..what don't you want? :-)You don't need to thank me either...We haven't had
a chance to hang out and this is the first time I've caught you online in as
long as I can remember! I'm glad you're willing to come over. Would you want to
come over around 6 or is there a time that works better for you? Looking forward
to Sunday :-)

DB:
6 works great. Italian, mexican, hell even thai works for me. I cannot help
but feel as though I am imposing by chosing the meal after your gracious
invitation so I thought I would just narrow it down some (the only thing I
really hate is lasagna and Ricotta{hopefully I'm spelling that right} cheese,
other than that I am open.

Me:
First and foremost..you are in no way imposing by "choosing a meal." I
think it's high time we hang out, and making dinner is the easiest way for me to
do so :-) I've never tried making homemade thai food before...have you?I was
more or less thinking steak, new potatoes and asparagus (a meal i LOVE but don't
make very often...it's not a lotta fun to eat alone!) What do you
think?

DB:
Steak and potatoes makes my Irish heart flutter, that would be
perfect!


Any thoughts??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ss+1...I'm reading a friendly exchange. Hopefully, you have a new-found-old-friend.
Can't wait to read you on Monday morning!
~AM