Friday, April 13, 2012

First Quarter Reflection

Friday the 13th....one of those "cursed days." I can't think of a more perfect time to reflect on the crazy roller coaster I've been riding thus far in 2012:
  • Day 1 of 2012 baby boy cracked his head open....and WHOA BOY it was a bleeder.
  • Day 3 I walked into a house for sale, and knew it was "the one".
  • Day 6 after getting my dad involved in said house, had an accepted purchase agreement
  • Day 23 I began talking with 21
  • Day 28 I jumped into a frozen lake
  • Day 31 I closed on a great house, accomplishing a long standing goal of raising baby boy in a single family home, affording him the opportunity to play outside, ride his bike, and make friends with kids in the neighborhood (while simultaneously affording myself with the LUXURY of doing laundry without needed quarters).
  • Day 35 I moved into said house
  • Day 39 I turned 29....thus beginning my 1 year countdown towards the exit of my 20's (yikes)
  • Day 41 I handed over the keys to my old apartment...it was truly a bittersweet moment
  • Day 50 baby boy turned six
The past two and a half months since moving my house has been in complete disarray. I've been dealing with storage in my kitchen, copious amounts of dust, clutter, clutter, clutter (first world problems, right?!). I am so burnt out and ready to make my house my home. I'm ready to have things put in their place, to come home and feel as if I'm entering my sanctuary instead of a cluttered nightmare (again, first world problems, I digress).

The man hunt in 2012 has been...let's just say, interesting.

From a 21 year old to a 34 year old to a 37 year old. None of them have turned into anything that I want or I need. Not to sound snobby, but seriously what's up with that?! Sure, I broke my two year curse, and now can say I'm more of a slut today than I was two weeks ago...but the more time passes, the more I'm beginning to think I'm destined to be single, and the more the idea becomes alright with me. Bear in mind, there are pro's and con's to being single or in a relationship....the pro's to being single seem to be outweighing the cons.

My parental struggles with baby boy and school keep growing like a weed. He has a HUGE personality clash with his kindergarten teacher AND his gym teacher. I know I might sound like a mom that's in denial that her kid is sucking at life in school, but if you knew him, you'd know he really is a great kid. My heart breaks at the fact that he has to learn the life lesson of dealing with challenging personalities at such a young age, but it's a lesson that's undeniable, and completely necessary for him to get through (especially this year). I have insurmountable fears that this streak of misbehavior, dishonesty and his complete disdain for school will continue...here's to hoping my fears are misguided.

That's been my year thus far. I can't really decide if it's been as crazy as I'm making it out to be in my head, but I'm certainly thankful I have an opportunity to spew my thoughts and feelings in a safe environment.

1 comment:

doahleigh said...

I hope I get the "this is the one" feeling when I walk into the right house.