Monday, February 13, 2012

Hello 2012.

The dawn of a new year typically has people all abuzz....
What should I do differently NEXT year?
Yes, I'm going to workout more and LOSE WEIGHT.
THANK GOD THIS YEAR IS OVER!
...you get the picture.

I'm not a huge "New Year's Resolution" person....in fact, I was kind of sad to see 2011 leave. It was a year I took my son to Disney Land. A year I popped my Vegas Cherry (and had an absolute blast doing so). A year I FINALLY re-enrolled in college. A year I bought a brand-spankin' new car.

2011 did me well.

You can imagine my lack of enthusiasm for saying goodbye.

I reluctantly allowed 2012 to grace me with it's presence, but let me tell you, the beginning of the year was a royal biotch for me.

  • My son was struggling with Kindergarten
  • My house hunt was coming to a dull slow pit of nothingness
  • ...and then there was the time I rear ended someone on my way to work in the morning.
Throughout all of the negative, I've been lucky to find some smidgens of positive. The car wasn't as bad as it could've been post-wreck. I wasn't hurt, and neither was the other driver. Throughout a bit of intense coaching, my son seems to be on a better track with school. I found the house of my dreams (for the time being) and was able to workout a deal and close January 31st.

...and then there's the part about my love life. Many more details to share, although I'll be quite honest I kind of like holding this one close to my chest. It's been such a long time since I've had traces of romance in my life that I feel like hoarding it ALL. TO. MYSELF.

No comments: