Friday, March 19, 2010

Staples

I was FLOATING in our office supply room as I tallied up what I'd be ordering. Generally we place our orders on Wednesdays...but since I couldn't wait to see him, I was putting the order in a day early. Let me tell you, the supply list was LONG.

The next day came, and I may or may not have spent an extra five minutes at the mirror. I played out a tentative plan about what I was going to say to him when he arrived. Seriously people, my crush had transformed me into a giddy school girl.

Around 11am I saw the red shirt out of the corner of my eye. The red shirt that screamed STAPLES...the red shirt that was him! Only, it wasn't him. It was someone else. I couldn't hide the disappointment in my voice. My boss laughed at me because I sounded like Eeyore when I was talking with the other delivery guy.

I had one saving grace....a supply I had ordered was on BACK ORDER! YAHOO! I was going to have another chance to see him...and since Wednesday was St. Patty's day of COURSE he wouldn't be working!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning I had a gut feeling I'd be seeing him....and my gut rarely lies to me. Around 10:30, the door opened and there he was.

Staples "blah blah blah"
Me "Hey, I just realized...I don't know your name. It's not like you have a name plate or wear a name tag....so yeah" (<-- I'm so not smooth..srsly).
Staples "Do other guys wear them?" (looking slightly confused)
Me "You mean staples guys? No...but still"
Staples "My name is N"
Me "Nice to meet you"
N "blah blah blah blah WIFEY" (referring to his wife...)

So yeah. N is married, hence crushing my future dreams with him...come to think of it, I never had a chance to scope out his ring finger because he always wore gloves. I still think he's a really good guy....Now I'm wondering if it would be inappropriate to try to become friends with him. He could have nice, single friends. He could have a single cousin for all I know! What do you think?

No comments: