Monday, January 21, 2013

Wrong way (hopefully) right

Days away from turning 30, and yes all five (who am I kidding) two people who read this.  Have I been going about my approach to life and singledom WRONG?!  Should I not be "surviving single" instead "thriving single"?  Blargh.  Why can't they make a fail proof manual for a near thirtysomething single parent who has basically been single for a damn near decade?!

I've had friends who have children, gone through a divorce, and found themselves a new life partner within a year.  Aside from that, I've never known or befriended another single near 30-something who has a child.  Am I an anomaly?!
 
I just don't get it.

I know the world is a huge place, so perhaps there are more of you like me out there.  In hopes of someone stumbling across my EXTREMELY SMALL corner of the internet I am going to keep posting.  I'm going to keep telling my story in hopes of (at the very least) giving another single mom out there a laugh, or someone who they feel they can relate to.  I'm going to keep on keepin on, if not for that single mom who might find my story, but at the hopes of maintaining my own sanity throughout all of the frustration I keep drawing to me as if I were a damn magnet (selfish, right?!  I know.).

No comments: